Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hey

I know, long time no post. I've been waiting until I could post pictures but it's taking forever. We are trying to track down the cord for Chris' camera so I can download all of the pictures we've been taking. We've been using his camera b/c it's new and so much nicer than mine. Anyway, I figured I would just let you know some of the stuff we've been up to and post pics later.
We finally planted our garden today! We went with a "Sauce/Salsa" mix that I found a layout for in a magazine. So, as you might guess with that name, we've included: tomatoes, peppers, onions, cilantro, basil, and tomatilloes. Tomatilloes are Latin cousins of tomatoes. They're usually green with a husk around them and have a tartness to them. I've always been attracted to them b/c I think the husk thing is cool. Hopefully I will soon have a bunch to experiment with in my cooking. We planted a couple more herbs in some containers along with a cucumber plant. Cross your fingers that this year our garden will be free of pests!
Last night we attended the premiere of Tara's documentary "Through the Roof." I have been dying to see and it did not disappoint. The cinematography was beautiful. It was so neat to finally see how the climb went! I'm really excited for her and can't wait for it to be release.
The week before last Chris, the dogs and I went up to Big Bear for a couple of days. It was such a fun getaway and amazingly close. We got there in under 3 hours and couldn't have felt further away from Southern California. There was still a little snow on the mountains but not enough to ski. We brought bikes up with us and had fun riding them and walking the dogs all over. Our cabin had a fireplace and that was really cozy!
Well, I will do a better job updating, hope everyone's been well :)

PS What's everyone watching on TV? Glee or The Tudors, anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment