Sunday, February 14, 2010

Such a beautiful day :)

It was so beautiful here today. Warm and sunny! Everyone was out and about today, in full-on summer attire. The line of cars to get into the zoo was insane. I went to the farmer's market in Hillcrest and it was packed. I got some lettuce, heirloom tomatoes and flowers for myself :) The tomatoes are to die for delicious. The difference in taste between something home-grown vs. mass-produced is huge. I decided to maximize my outdoor time by planting a ton of bulbs in the two beds by the front of our house. Hopefully there will be some big, beautiful blooms by the time Chris gets home :) He is the one with the green thumb in our household but I read that it's hard to mess up bulbs, so cross your fingers. I planted gladioli, white iris', and white echinachea. Here are the before pictures:





Hopefully I will have some good "after" shots for you in a couple of months! I think I'm going to plant my leftovers in this weird spot by my driveway that we've just left empty other than our over-grown bougainvillea. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment