Friday, January 8, 2010

Woke up to this



I had kind of heard sirens this morning while I pushed snooze a couple of times but didn't realize they were a block away! The pictures are taken from my front porch. It looked like everyone had been evacuated and I didn't see any flames. Scary! I hate house fires, it's so sad. That is a huge house divided into apartments. There was a news crew there so maybe it will be on the local news tonight. Sorry it's not a cheery post but it's not everyday that there is a fire this close! It was bizarre to leave for work with all of the police and firetrucks (I counted 6), and that block closed off. When I came home some of the windows were boarded up, but it was still standing. Later!

2 comments:

  1. Remember we saw 11 or 12 rescue vehicles in one parking lot near Phoenix!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, no, I forgot.... just kidding I have pics of those too :)

    ReplyDelete